Friday, July 21, 2017

The July Balancing Act

This month is slipping away rapidly.

*Yesterday was Little Big Brother's birthday. We had a small gathering on Easy Street with salads and birthday cake for the Birthday Boy. The little girls made cards and sang to him. I popped the cork on the champagne I brought home from California.

*The Bug and Mommy went Back-To-School shopping for Kindergarten. They made a day of it: shopping, lunch, and a movie. I used to love these days with the girls. There would be three of us in a changing room. I would bring them things to try on. We'd laugh a lot. They loved choosing school supplies and packing their backpacks. (My mom started them on this passion--buying pencils and folders for them before they even went to school. They were "helping" Grandma get her classroom supplies.)
The next generation of Back-To-School shoppers.

*Bug's Little Sis spent the day with this Nana. We went to Story Hour at the library and went swimming for awhile. She also conked out and took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Our only incident was spilling coffee (cold) on me, her, the couch, and an iPad. Ay yi yi!  She is a busy girl.

Sleeping Beauty

*I've learned if you paint your toenails Navy Blue, they look black in certain lights. I am sporting Goth toes right now. They are growing on me.

*I am still spending time on school work here and there. The musical auditions happen on the first full week of school, so I have to be ready to roll. To say nothing of classes beginning. My room is partially put together, which is good. And we have four tech days in the next few weeks.

There are still a few weeks left in my summer. Days are filling up quickly, but I am hoping to enjoy all of them.

Balancing work and play. It is an art. And a challenging art at that.

No comments: